An Authentic Mexican Michelada Recipe
Recipe Type: Beverage
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- Mexican lager beer (Modelo is typical)
- Clamato (or tomato juice, if you really can’t stand the idea of clam juice in your beer)
- 3-4 splashes hot sauce, more or less to taste. I use Tapatío.
- 2 splashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 splashes of Maggi sauce (or soy sauce)
- Juice of one lime
- Tajín seasoning (or salt) for the rim
- Take about a tablespoon of Tajín (or salt) and sprinkle it on a small plate. Rub a slice of lime around the rim of the glass and then press the rim in the Tajín to salt the rim.
- Fill the glass about 1/4 to 1/3 with the Clamato juice. Add the hot sauce, the lime juice, the Worcestershire sauce, and the soy sauce. If you used Tajín to salt the rim, pour any excess from the plate into the glass.
- Fill the rest with cold beer.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and enjoy!